Monday, June 23, 2014

The People I Know pt 2

So something else that has really made my time in Dillon completely worth it were the people I was fortunate enough to work with. I have worked in many places in my life and developed many friendships because of it. They're the kind of friends that even though we don't see each other daily anymore, we still catch up in our own ways. It typically involves only the occasional Facebook comment or post but still, we have kept in touch.

There are 5 girls in this office that have been there for me since the first time we met. They are all vastly different. They come from very different places in life and they have had very different struggles. However, they are all near and dear to me!

One of these ladies worked here previously and then came back right about the beginning of my second year here. We became friends almost immediately and have remained fairly close ever since. She is my voice of reason. She makes me think with a clear head, even though we both agree we're actually terrible at doing that. She has really helped me through a lot of my bullshit and for that I will always be grateful!

2 of the others I really got close with after our respective departments merged into one. They are seriously just lights in my life. Friendly and loving. They are the kind of girls that will drop their own stuff for you and just be there. I have shared a lot of laughs with these two and I'm sure more tears than any of us care to count.

The last 2.. they are in a league of their own. Both of them left me here. Jerks. I've forgiven them...kind of. I miss these two every single day. They were part of what I'll always refer to as the "A Team" here in the office. Brilliant, kind, funny and sweet. If you need to know anything at all about a process for basically any department here, not only could they explain it to you.. they would make sure you understood it. I remember during my breakup 6 years ago one of these ladies in particular overheard me listening to "I Will Survive". She basically just laughed at me. Which was good because even in that self-pity-wallowing moment I was able to realize just how ridiculous I was being. She was definitely a huge part in me getting over all that nonsense!

I haven't known these girls for long, however, they will always be 5 of the best co-workers and friends a girl could ask for. I'm thankful to have worked in this office for the last 6 years because it granted me such a huge extended family!

And I'm definitely the lucky one.

Photo Credit: Best Friends Picture


No comments:

Post a Comment