Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Little Cliche

Even after the worst storms.. the sun does come out.

This sounds so cliche but it also is SCREAMING at me. Thisismylife!!

I have had beyond anxiety for the last 2 days. Just heart pounding, tired, anxious anxiety!

Today the rain stopped and the sun came out and it was at the moment I realized: this is life and it's mine.

I can literally map out my life to be any way that I want it to. I am moving to NC. So my dream of landing on the east coast is coming to fruition. I have a degree in public relations. So my dream of doing something I love is coming to fruition. So my other dreams? The ones I've thought recently to be completely unattainable? They must be right around the corner. It's these kind of moments in my life that remind me of who I am, why I'm here and what I'm capable of.

I have dreams of finding friends in NC. I have dreams of finding love. I have dreams of finding the perfect public relations job with that brilliant corner office and millions of windows. I have dreams of having a white picket fence around my beautiful little home where I live with my future husband and our golden retriever. Notice I didn't say kids, they still aren't part of the dream. (Sorry mom).

My first step will be to just get to NC and start living out there like I have been there my whole life. I'm going to frequent coffee shops and have 'my usual.' I'm going to sit at a bar by myself after work. you know the ones with people in suits and drinking martinis? Maybe I'll have to start drinking martinis. Does a shot of gin count? The grocery store clerks are going to come to love the witty banter I bring to their lines. I might make friends with a security guard in the museums I visit often. It's a city with things and people and places. All the nouns are there!

I'm capable of more than someone else's opinion of me. And all it took was a little storm for me to realize that.

4 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog after reading "Advice From a Single Girl" (I've known Victoria online for years). Great to find another blogger!! - I've been searching for the last week or so for interesting people who still *write*, and was having real difficulty finding anybody. Added you to my list immediately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Seriously you just gave me the biggest compliment! Thank you very much for reading! I am so new at this and you definitely just made my entire month!!

      Delete
  2. Martinis were originally gin... also I had a shot of warm gin last night and thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then a shot of gin will do :)

      Aawww I bet it was delicious!! Love you!

      Delete