Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Before...

I'm moving. I've said this word a million times but never in this context.

"I want to move" "I'm moving after graduation" "I hope to move" "I wish to move"

But now.. it's just.. I'm moving.

 July 2014 I am heading off on my own adventure to plow my own path and forge my own channel. I am going to where I don't know a soul. My immediate family is 1000s of miles away. My closest friend is 7 hours away.

I am leaving my comfort zone, my security blanket, my familiarity... and i'm replacing it with the unknown. Sure, I can Google my destination all I want. I can flip through pictures of 100s of apartment complexes and I can Google map my way from there to the nearest Whole Foods. But I know what my town smells like, feels like, and sounds like. There are going to be all new smells, feels, and sounds.

I won't have anyone to hug. That's weird. I hug everyone. I hug my mom at least weekly if not daily sometimes. I hug my friends when I first see them and then even sometimes when I'm leaving to head home.

My closest comfort will be in phone calls, face time dates and text messages. Catching up with everyone on Facebook will be hard but necessary. Instagram will show me what they are seeing every day. Maybe I'll write more letters.

Wait a minute now. No one is holding me at gun point forcing me to drive 35 hours to a new home. This is my decision. I am going to meet 100s of new people. I am going to form new bonds with co-workers and meet random strangers in various social situations. I am going to live 100% completely and totally independent of anyone and I am going to create memories that will last. My friends and family will be checking up with MY Facebook and MY Instagram to see what adventures I've been on. Maybe the first 6 months will tear me up and I'll basically be ready to throw in the towel.. but after those 6? Then what? Everything. Life. Life will be happening and I'll be right in the middle of it. Embracing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment