Monday, June 16, 2014

Hypothetical v Realistic


Hypothetical: I could live with my dad and brother, work in the bakery for minimum wage and get to see my family all the time. 

Realistic: That could never work because my brother and I would end up in prison for attempted murder of each other and my dad would be forced into early retirement due to stress related heart failure. 

Hypothetical: I could stay in Dillon, live at my mom's house and work at KCI forever. I could continue to party my ass off every weekend and remain single because hey, I have a cat! 

Realistic: I would end up married to another fellow bar fly after having settled and potentially end up with 5+ kids. My mom would be forced to disown me and I'm sure my cat would be soon to follow. 

Hypothetical: I could move to Butte, live with one of my best friends and find a job closely related to my degree. 

Realistic: My friend would eventually kick me out when she realized my minimum wage McDonald's job wasn't quite up to the "Bill paying" par and I'd end up living in a low income housing unit in uptown Butte. 

Hypothetical: I could move to Charlotte and be alone and miserable and cry all the time and then move home because my fondness for small town living and asshole cowboys has grown due to my absence. 

Realistic: I could move to Charlotte and be alone for a time and maybe a little miserable. Cry for a little bit but eventually put the bottle of wine down, head out into my new city and learn the backstreets to make my commute to work more bearable. I could find some guy and convince the poor bastard to love me and realize that love does exist! I could find a PR firm with an entry level position and work my ass off to make it up the ladder. I could take sushi rolling classes and meet tons of new people who have my same interests. 

I could or I couldn't. But realistically... I will. 

My story starts soon 


No comments:

Post a Comment