Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Labor Day 2014

I cannot believe I had to book a flight home for Labor Day. It's basically the only holiday I will be able to come home for this year. Which is fine. I know Thanksgiving and Christmas are typically family holidays and they are good ones to gather with friends, however, I've never been into them. I've tried. I've tried to find the Christmas spirit but ever since one terribly lonely Christmas when I lived in Wyoming... the feeling just hasn't been there.

I was literally left by myself at my apartment because I wasn't technically invited to my ex's parent's house for Christmas. We were living together at the moment and even that didn't deem me worthy of an invite. Those people just flat didn't like me. I've never had someone's parents, regardless of religious background, just not like me. I'm a people person. Don't get that mistaken for a people pleaser -- I am anything but a people pleaser.

Ha. Another 'oh well' moment in my life!

Anyways, a lot of people are asking "Why Labor Day?" Well for a couple of reasons, really. It's my 10 year high school reunion, it's my favorite holiday, and it's a time when I know I can see all of my favorite people in one place for a weekend. It'll be a short lived weekend for me but I'm sure it'll be full of memories. It might be my last Dillon Labor Day so I fully plan on making the most of it. Which I usually do ...

Short and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment