Thursday, June 19, 2014

Always Forward.. Never Back

Have I ever mentioned to you, my 'readers', how excited I am to see what NC has in store for me? I am beyond excited.

Scared and nervous.. but excited!

The most recent bump in my road hasn't put a damper on my plans. I gave myself a 12 hour window to get over all of that and I have. Completely. In fact, it's only made the thrill of the change that much more. I get to go explore a whole new city. I get to explore all new people. I get to explore all new opportunities.

The fact that I had thought I had found something that could have resembled 'love' only to have it blow up in my face only makes me believe in the possibility more. I struck a nerve so hard that it actually caused someone to lash out at me. Which is kind of cool and puts a little spark in my step.

"I've got the powaaa.. it's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kind hectic"...

So I said I was moving on... so let's do that. Onward and upward. Can you even imagine what someone like me could do in a city with 700,000+ people?

I recently read on article about how hard it is to meet genuine people in a new city. That may be true, however, I am a genuine person so I shouldn't have a hard time weeding through the bad ones. I may make a few mistakes where it comes to friendships at first, but I am confident I will end up in a group of people I can call my own. Now, don't get me wrong. A lot of this is still terrifying because I am actually leaving the best group of people behind. Some I've known for 20+ years and some I've only just met in the last 6. I'm not an old dog yet and I still can be taught new tricks. I'm ready to take the city by storm.

If only it were July 11th so I could get this thing going!



No comments:

Post a Comment