Sunday, June 22, 2014

The People I Know pt 1

I'm gonna take a little time to write about some of these amazing people I've met in the last 6 years and the ones I've known for longer. These are the people that have really made a difference in my living back in my home town.

This is Part 1

Do you ever meet someone, fake roofie them and then build a lasting friendship with them? No? Well that's how I met one of my very best friends. She was working at a bar/restaurant we all frequented when I first moved back. She was friends with one of my best friends but she is a lot younger than us so I never knew her. She sat a drink on our table and asked us to watch it really quick. Upon her return I told her I had roofied it! Because roofies are funny. She just laughed and walked back to the kitchen. Later that evening we ran into her downtown. I told her I was impressed by her ability to stay awake this long. We basically became instant friends at that point and she means more to me each day I know her!Because roofies = love and friendship.

Through her I was able to meet a lot of other really awesome people. Two of these girls I have ran around with for the last few years and they really give me a run for my money when it comes to the downtown scene. It's pretty much a given that if we are all downtown together it's going to be a wreck but the memories, and selfies, will be perfect! They're the kind of girls that just do anything to make sure people are having a good time and they definitely love with their whole hearts. I've always been impressed with their capacity for love...and booze. 

So two girls I've known for ages also played a huge role in my "growing up" in the last 6 years. One I've known for 20+ years and the other around 15 or so. Regardless, they are literally always there for me and when we want to be selfish assholes and shut out the world, there aren't two better partners in crime. We've shared a lot of laughter and tears over the many years of our friendship and I know even with the impending distance, we'll still be able to remain thick as thieves. They mean a whole lot to me and I'm gonna miss their shoulders when I need a good ugly cry. 

More to come! This is only the beginning.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment