Monday, June 16, 2014

Eat, Prey, Love

Everyone has their own version of "Eat, Pray, Love"

Mine just happens to be "Eat, Prey, Love" and this was unintentionally intentional - I think.

So what does this mean to me?

Eat: I have lived in a town without a single sushi restaurant my entire life. Which up until last year wasn't that big of a deal. It wasn't until some of my wonderful friends in Pennsylvania forced sushi down my throat (haha) back in Pittsburgh in 2013.. then my love affair for sushi started at full force. Moving to the east coast isn't just about sushi, though. It's more about what that represents. Living in a city with options. Options for more than just sushi restaurants. Just options in general. Also, it's the chance to see a new movie the day it comes out and not having to wait 2-3 weeks sometimes a month or more to see a "new release". Sushi represents something bigger. Something more raw..

Prey: As I mentioned before, this was unintentionally intentional. I didn't really realize I had even made the typo until I posted a link to my blog to share with friends. I am kind of a stickler for proper spelling and decent grammar so this was about to drive me crazy. However, a relative of mine pointed out that I should keep it that way and that it appears intentional. So unintentionally intentional it is. I do plan on preying a lot in NC. Preying on life. I want to make sure that every single minute counts. Not that I don't do this now, but counting minutes in Montana is slow and steady. I need something faster and more energetic.

Love: Let's just say I've kissed a lot of frogs and I mean that in the slimiest of ways. I have met and been around and dealt with and liked a lot of assholes in my 28 years of life. Most of them have appeared in the last 6 years. Besides being frogs they all have one thing in common: Me. So in order to find something different it's time to be a different person. Not different, better. Because a really good person, a better person.. wouldn't have allowed herself to involve herself in the lives of these types of guys. At all. So, I don't know what's out there in NC but I plan on finding someone not slimy.. obviously. Someone who is going to realize I am a good thing and I have a lot to offer. Also, someone who realizes I am human and treats me accordingly. First, I have to treat myself like a human. And that's been the plan all along.

So this is the tentative plan anyway. I'm no Julia Roberts but I would like to think I don't have to be her to find my own adventure and my own plan and my own path.

A change will do me good.





No comments:

Post a Comment