Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dream A Little Dream pt2

First of all, I dream constantly. When I was a little girl I would tell my dad (in great detail) about the dreams I had the night before. They've always been vivid, in color, full sound. I can control my dreams. If I recognize it's a dream, they turn into video games and I can actually make them go however I want. I have had repeat dreams more times than I can count and they are the best video game dreams because I can make them better than before. I fly a lot. Not a stand and take off fly though. I run really fast and I just take off. Like an airplane. I had a dream once where I was a bird. An actual bird. It was pretty interesting.

I've had dream friends since I could remember, too. I know they say everyone in our dreams are people we've actually seen in conscious life, but some of these people have been appearing in my dreams since I was a child. I don't know their names and I never get a clear face, but I know they are the same people. I don't know if I believe that dreams mean anything because I honestly think they are just our subconscious giving us pictures as to how we view the world. My world is sometimes terrifying, but most the time it's just a good time. (Life imitating dreams.. clearly)

Last night I had this dream where Bon Jovi (gross) was playing a concert in my mom's backyard. My brother and I decided we'd rather see Sublime so we headed up to the college to watch their show. When we got home Bon Jovi was still tearing down and I was exhausted and drunk. I asked them who they were and they all at the same time replied "Bon Jovi". I told them I'd never heard of them and asked what they sing. They listed a what's what of their greatest hits and I pretended like they must not be that big yet. I could feel the frustration at this point but I kept arguing anyways. At this point I realized it was a dream and with that I started telling them how terrible and cliche they were. I basically chewed out Bon Jovi and it felt like heaven.

I've had multiple dreams like this that have just stuck with me. One that I had in high school will never leave me. Everyone was up at the college in my hometown (I dream about this place a lot) and everyone was in line getting vaccinated for various things. I got sick of waiting and decided to walk home. Nearing the parking lot of the college I realize there is a guy in a jeep and he offers to give me a ride. I know this guy, but not that I can recall in real life have I ever actually met him. Dark hair, born eyes, great eyebrows. It's really snowy out and as we're driving I notice he's passed my mom's house. He flips around in front of the catholic church and heads back in the right direction. As he drops me off he writes his number on a piece of paper (pre-cellphone era) and it was 153-5166. I still don't know what this number means and I've never forgotten it. As soon as I woke up I wrote it down and it's just stayed with me.

Like I said before, I don't know if dreams mean anything or if they are just little plays our brain puts on for us as we sleep. Sleep would be really boring without dreams and I don't know how people who don't dream manage to sleep through the night.

The worst dreams are the ones where you wake up sobbing uncontrollably though... I'll save that for another post.


No comments:

Post a Comment